Owl

Saturday 12 October 2013

The purge

Today I decided to go through my closet.  My friends started telling me that I really needed to get new pants (LOVE hearing that!!!), but before I shopped, I needed to make some space.  I have always hated going through my closet - because it usually meant all the stuff in there was too small.  This time was different...more than half of the stuff was too big!

I decided regardless what the size was I would try on every pair of pants in there.  I wanted to really quantify what I've been working so hard on for the past 9 months.  Yes, my biggest goal was to be a runner...but truth be told I wanted to be able to wear an amazing dress to hubby's Christmas party this year and that meant shrinking a bit.

So I did...I tried on everything.  And more than half were falling off me.  Even most of my "sizes I want to fit into" pants were too big! It really hit me - I've lots of wonderful people in my life tell me that they really notice how much weight I've lost but in my head it didn't seem like it was a big difference.  I know - I'm nuts.  But it's hard to get rid of the critical voices when you've lived with them your whole life.  I think I'm on the road to silencing them a little bit :-)

Now I have a big pile of clothes to donate, I feel fantastic (was back out for a run this morning and it felt great) and I'm healthier than I've even been.  Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll post a pic of the fabulous dress I'm wearing to that Christmas party!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment