Owl

Saturday 4 January 2014

Adios 2013...

So is started this blog a year ago, and purposefully titled it "The Year I Make it Happen". I was committed to making 2013 the year that I hit some lifelong goals...and for those who kept up with my blog, I did a bunch of stuff that I wanted to. As the year closes out, I thought I'd re-cap so bear with me.

It started with me re-joining Weight Watchers. Stuck with it the longest I ever have...and am down 36 pounds!  The thing is, about half way through the year I stopped stressing about getting the meals exactly right and just started wanting to eat better. I mean, I actually started craving salads and greens.  Was really weird...but it was a good weird. I still have moment where I want sugar, but can definitely feel the difference when I go a few days of eating not great.

Then came the exercise...my most recent posts centred around my new found love for running. I still believe that the only reason the exercising stuck was that I've finally found one that I truly love.  We'll that, and is had some amazing ladies who kept me focused!  This year saw me run my first 5K, and I promise it won't be the last. I also got some winter running gear that I'm dying to try out.  And I'm thinking this year a 10K might on the agenda!

Now the question is what to do with this blog...it was meant to have a shelf life of a year as I tracked my journey. Perhaps I can just go back to one blog and somehow merge the two...still deciding.

As I wrap this post up I need to thank everyone one more time for supporting me this year. My family and friends have been a big reason that I was able to stay on track, and make the changes I needed to in my lifestyle and attitude.

And to my 5K bitches (as Sonia so lovingly refers to them LOL) I cannot tell you how much I appreciate having you all in my life.  I have come to rely on you all to keep me running, to keep me laughing and to keep me sane in a world where it's easy to let the insanity take over. I can't wait to see  what 2014 brings...but I have no doubt it will be awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment