Owl

Monday 5 August 2013

A Goal 17 Years in the Making

So I'm on vacation but had to write this post. I hit another milestone in my journey to becoming a runner.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to come to Florida every year for the past 17 years. And for the last 14 or so I've been walking from our apartment to the beach (about 40 minute walk). Every time I set out to walk that stretch, I've thought to myself "next year I'm going to run this". Next year would come and running I was not. I still felt pretty good about continuing to walk, but always felt a little disappointed in myself that another year had gone by and I still wasn't at the point that I could run it.

Until this year. This year I did it. I. DID IT!!!!  I ran my Couch to 5K program this morning to the beach. Not gonna lie...I squealed after I ran the first interval. After 17 years, this goal became a reality. And I'm hoping by the end of our trip, I'll be able run almost the whole thing.

Not gonna lie...it's way harder to run when it's humid and 39 degrees outside, but so worth it when you get to the ocean and jump in to cool off.

Lesson...no matter how long you've been wishing you could do something, no matter how many years have passed since you first thought "I want to" it's never to late to make that goal a reality.

I FREAKIN DID IT....going to ride this high for a little while longer :-)




1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING! THAT IS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID--AND WOOOOHOOOO

    ReplyDelete